My Take On Liquid Lipstick

My Take On Liquid Lipstick
My fellow sisters, if you don't know about liquid lipstick, where have you been? IT'S E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E NOW. Every company and every brand has come out with its own version of liquid lipstick. You know the ones that won't budge, have a great formula, last the whole day and have many intriguing colours to choose from. It's fun! And I love fun. With that being said, there are a few things I usually do when it comes to wearing liquid lipstick. I am no expert but these are all based on my past experiences and lots of reading. After all, my love for lip products is really huge, and here's my take on liquid lipsticks.

A little goes a long way

By little goes a long way I mean, you don't need much (really) because liquid lipstick is very pigmented - one or two-stroke is enough. I usually will clean off the wand first on the inside of the tube before I put it on. Just because that way, I will have more control and it goes smoothly on my lips and not flake! Besides, I will save more products and I can use them for quite a longer time than I thought. 

I take my time applying it

You can't simply put it on in 5 seconds. When applying liquid lipsticks, you absolutely need patience. A lot of it. Here's what I usually do, I will take my smaller mirror, take a deep breath and apply it slowly and smoothly. Just take your time! No need to rush the job, you will end up with a globby finish and most likely streaky and get it all over the teeth. Now that's not cute.

Lip balm is my best friend 

Some liquid lipstick formulas can be so drying, you just have to accept the fact that they are not created equally. Some are hydrating, and some are not. Some protrude the fine lines on my lips, and some are not. Regardless,  I love each one of them for their uniqueness. So lip balm has always got my back! I just run some lip balm on top of the liquid lipstick if my lips are feeling super dry and tight. My favourite lip balm is from Klavuu.

Exfoliate is the key

When it comes to liquid lipstick application, smooth, luscious, and flake-free lips are what you need. You sure don't want to apply liquid lipstick on top of very dry and chapped lips, no? Now, just grab whatever lip scrub or lip exfoliator you have and gently scrub your lips, let's say at least 15 minutes before applying liquid lipstick. My favourite affordable lip scrub has got to be the ones from IN2IT!

*Please note that some links used in this post are affiliated links, which allows me to earn a small commission when you buy the product using my link. No commission is earned through clicking links, no worries. I'm not being paid to mention any specific brand in this post, it's purely my own honesty and experience. Thank you for your support~
What's your favorite tips when it comes to applying liquid lipstick?